Sunday 8 May 2011

Patient Comments - 2

Thank you Dr. Silber
from Lagos, Nigeria
We got married in December 1998 and started trying for a baby right away without success. A friend of mine told me she read about a doctor in St. Louis by the name of Dr. Sherman Silber. But first I opted to go for IVF in London. Over the years I had several IVF attempts in London without success. So in 2004 I gave up.

Then I went to Dr. Silber in St. Louis, 9 embryos were frozen and Dr. Silber explained that my fibroid had grown tremendously and was pressing directly on my uterus. He felt the chances of an implantation taking place was thus lowered, and their freezing technique does no damage to the embryo. So he advised that Dr. DeRosa should take out the fibroid before transferring the frozen embryos.

I had the surgery and waited another couple of months for the frozen embryos to be transferred. I don't live in the US so you can imagine the stress of having to travel about 15 hours all the time.

When I got a call from Dr. Silber's office with Joan saying 'congratulations, Remi, you are pregnant' I just burst into tears. I have been waiting for someone to say that to me for over 11 years of trying to conceive. What can I say? It was a wonderful day. It was incredible to feel joy relief anxiety all at the same time.

Our son, Samuel, was delivered by Dr. DeRosa in July 2008, 3 months before my 40th birthday. I thank Dr. Silber for his dedication to putting smiles on faces of people like us. Not many IVF doctors are like Dr. Silber because his actions and inactions tell you he is not in this for the money. He treats every patient with the same caring attitude.

If you are reading this, my advice to you is perseverance. Don't give up, you can trust Dr. Silber and Dr. DeRosa.

We decided to try again as soon as possible and had two more of the frozen embryos transferred. And it worked again, for our second baby.

Thank you, Dr Silber!

The Odunsi's
Lagos, Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment