Monday 30 May 2011

Patients comments - 21

Our Story

Infertility used to be a word that was very unfamiliar to me. However, after months of trying to conceive with no success, I was told that my husband and I were considered “infertile.” Little did I know we were about to embark on the longest and most emotional roller coaster of our lives. That is the best way I know how to describe the years of infertility treatment we went through.

Each and every day brought a new high hoping your prayers are finally going to be answered or a devastating low when your dreams are crushed. There were so many days I wanted to give up. I cried all the time, but I had to believe that one day it would all be worth it.

After years of medications, doctors appointments, shots, procedures, and surgeries, my wish finally came true I was pregnant thanks to the help of Dr. Silber. Then after a very complicated pregnancy full of more shots, medications, doctors visits, and hospitalizations our son was born. I couldn’t believe he was finally here.

Our son is a miracle who would not be here without the help of Dr. Silber and the work that he does. At the time, I resented having to go through everything I did, but I realize now that it made me a better person and better parent. Each and every day is a gift and I do no take anything for granted.

Cathie and Roger
Imperial, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment